Old August 16th 08, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Depresion[_2_] Depresion[_2_] is offline

Default TfL Admits Livingstone Regime Deliberately Obstructed Traffic Flows

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
John Rowland wrote:

http://www.abd.org.uk/pr/634.htm

I'm not sure who the Association of British Drivers are, so I'm not sure
how
much to read into this.

It's hardly news. Anyone working in transport/telematics already knew
that Livingstone had issued an edict that the lights across London were
to be rephased to cause congestion prior to the introduction of the
congestion charge. In fact I stated this was what was happening here at
the time and had the usual cabal of ****wits and some who should have
known better screaming that it was a lie.

If the idea was to make congestion worse when they monitored congestion in
the run up to the introduction then reset the phasing after to make things
look better it didn't work well considering all the reports like this:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....as_bad_as_ever

Despite a slight dip in traffic entering the city congestion is as bad as it
ever was, so it's £8 for what exactly?