Old September 4th 08, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default New Year fare rises

On Sep 4, 12:08*pm, martin wrote:
On Sep 4, 11:36*am, "Paul Scott"

Bus and Underground fares in London are to increase by an overall figure of
6% from the New Year, London Mayor Boris Johnson has announced.
Some fares will be cut, including a new off-peak rate aimed at encouraging
people to travel after 0930.

The press release athttp://www.london.gov.uk/view_press_release.jsp?releaseid=18677
has some detail of the new fares, in an incredibly badly formatted
table.

It mentions a new 0930-1600 off-peak period. I'm guessing that off-
peak picks up again after 1900, but there's no mention of this.

Another question is whether your off-peak day Travelcard will be valid
after 1600 - or will there be two markedly different off-peak periods,
depending on how you're paying?

While I'd imagine tourists arriving at Heathrow in the middle of the
day will be happy about being able to save £1.60, I suspect everyone
else will be totally baffled.

It also doesn't say if it's the start time of the journey or the end
time of the journey or both that determine the fare charged.