Old September 15th 08, 09:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Changeless bus passenger denied boarding

On Sunday morning, about 08.00,I was on a 21 to Lewisham at London
Bridge/Monument. A passenger boarded and tried to pay with a twenty
pound note. The driver had no change and nor did other passengers. The
passenger was made to get off the bus. I was horrified and complained,
this morning, at 0845 300 7000. The stop is not "Pay before you board".
It seems the operator should have issued a pay later chit.
I have never seen this happen before; it would not have affected me as I
use an auto-topped Oyster.
--
Walter Briscoe