Old October 8th 08, 08:51 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Southern East Croydon to Milton Keynes service issues

On Oct 8, 3:03*am, darkprince66
wrote:
On 7 Oct, 15:54, "Paul Scott" wrote:

A bit of an issue for the upcoming WLL services?

Southern have applied to ORR for the proposed Dec 08 service, but there are
problems because (if I'm reading correctly) Network Rail believe the WCML
Moderation of Competition agreement prevents them allowing a service that
calls at Wembley Central and Kensington Olympia en route from EC to MK....

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/upload/pd...27sa_apfrm.pdf

For further information the draft agreement he

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/upload/pd...27sa_dftag.pdf

shows all the intended permutations of SN services on the route on weekdays,
Sat, and Sun, from Purley to Milton Keynes...

Paul S

In it's original form, as introduced by Connex, the Brighton-Rugby
service was a most useful innovation. At the time, ISTR that there was
much talk of the service being extended north to Birmingham, I believe
the plan was to take a North London Railways path north of
Northampton, preserving the half hourly frequency between that town
and Birmingham.

It was truncated to a Watford-Brighton service a couple of years after
it's introduction without ever getting it's northward extension,
another victim of the WCML upgrade.

To be fair, it did effectively get a southern extension, because only
the odd run went to Brighton originally. It was really a Gatwick to
Rugby service.