Old January 21st 09, 10:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oi! Boris! Wot abaht the bus shelters?

On 21 Jan, 08:53, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
There's a been a fair amount of discussion here on the new improved bus
information systems, but while the buses are chatting merrily away to us,
the 'countdown' system is decaying rapidly, with frequent breakdowns,
invisible buses, ghost buses and - lately - a spate of displays being
removed rather than repaired.

I know that some of the problems are are due to depots / drivers not setting
up their equipment properly (Firstbus is a major contender for an award),
but I thought the new system was going to include updated 'countdown'?

Let's face it, for most of us, the on-bus stuff is a minor inconvenience, or
a minor boon - it's while you wait for the bus that you are most likely to
need info.

Does anyone have any useful info / links?

I thought at first you were talking about the plan for a new iconic
bus shelter design for London that Boris dropped on getting elected -
but no, 'tis about Countdown.

I too was under the impression that the iBus project was going to mean
that the information provided to Countdown displays at bus stops was
going to be more accurate. When it works it's great - but it is, as
you imply, rather frustrating when it doesn't.