Old January 26th 09, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
congokid congokid is offline

Default Fulham Broadway to Chalfont & Latimer

I travelled today from FB to C&L via Baker Street and my Oystercard was
charged GBP6 for the outward journey at about 7.45am, and GBP3 for the
return journey at about 11.15am.

First of all, are these the correct fares?

Secondly, this may become a regular commute for me for a while, and I
wonder what my most economic option would be for a season ticket (weekly
or monthly - I don't see it going beyond 5-6 months). I asked at a
ticket office, but the TFL person wasn't able to tell me offhand and I
wasn't able to wait for him to spend lots of time checking.

The first part of my journey would be a walk to the nearest tube and the
last part another walk - each about 1mile. I'm thinking of taking my
folding bike for these bits, assuming there's room for it on the first
leg of the tube journey, but I imagine I could also cycle straight to
Baker Street to take the Metropolitan line.

Not only would I enjoy the exercise, but I think I could also cycle this
stage faster than the tube takes, especially if I use my regular bike.
The Met train to Amersham this morning was virtually empty, so I presume
there'd be no objection to taking a bike on board.

This leads me to question 3 - is it OK to take a regular bike on board?

And fourthly, would travelling from Baker Street instead of FB make my
season ticket more expensive?

Many thanks in advance.
--
congokid