Old January 27th 09, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Fulham Broadway to Chalfont & Latimer

On 27 Jan, 08:58, "David Biddulph" groups [at] biddulph.org.uk
wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:

Despite the fact that Kenton and Northwood stations are almost
literally around the corner from each other, there is an issue with
this masterplan - fast trains heading for Chalfont & Latimer don't
stop at Northwood, as shown on this Met line diagram:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/metropolitan.pdf

Perhaps you've got confused between Northwood and Northwick Park, Mizter T?

5 stations along the line; *quite a long walk.

Indeed, over 5 miles walk actually. Sorry, that's an utterly,
ridiculously daft error to have made! Earlier in my post I did manage
to correctly state that it was *Northwick Park* station that was
around corner from Kenton station earlier, but somehow later on in my
post it has transmuted into Northwood later on in my post. Quality
control was evidently seriously lacking when I wrote that.

Just so as to attempt to clarify what I meant (as opposed to what I
said!) here's a street map showing just how close Northwick Park and
Kenton a
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/oldmap.srf?x=516727&y=188161&ar=N

Silly, not least because they're rather different places as well - for
example Northwick Park has a big teaching hospital, whilst Northwood
notably plays host to the tri-service military headquarters.