Old December 12th 03, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Black cabs

Phil Richards wrote the following
in:

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:46:39 +0000 Kat
said...

The driver had his doors locked but eventually opened the window
and spoke to me. I told him the destination (a local road) but he
refused to take them unless I was going too.
I then took the couple to the third cab (no driver in the second)
who told me I should take them to the first.
I explained the situation and he took them but said he couldn't
understand why the first had refused.
And yes, I did take the guy's number but I'm not sure if I ought
to do anything about it or not.

I know it's probably too late, but did you get the number of the
3rd taxi who directed you back to the 1st one as a possible
witness to the event? I suppose his motive for not taking them was
because he could be accused of jumping the queue so to speak.

The way I read it, the third taxi did take them after the situation had
been explained.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Another high quality lesson from Robin May:
Your and you're are different words!