Old December 16th 03, 09:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Oystercard - not quite as useful as we were led to believe

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message ...
"Boltar" wrote in message
om...

It seems that now LU have decided that you can't just put a random amount
of journeys onto the Oystercard that replaced your travelcard. I wanted to
just add 3 days onto it instead of a week but the ticket bloke said that
they'd been told not to do this by LU and he'd got into trouble for doing

it
for someone else.

So someone please tell me , apart from being able to go through the gates
ever so slightly quicker , what use are these things exactly?

(There was me thinking they'd be more flexible than paper tickets , duh!

From Janurary 2004 pre-pay is supposed to be launched, which will enable you
to put money on your Oyster and have it deducted as and when you travel. You
could put enough money on it for 3 days worth of single or return journeys
at the start of the week and not having to worry about buying a ticket for
the rest of the week. However, as has been stated in several other threads

But I don't want X pre-paid fares on my oyster. I want X days unlimited use
as per weekly /monthly travelcard unlimited use.

B2003