Old March 11th 09, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Not screeching to a halt

On Mar 11, 5:07*pm, eastender wrote:
Noisy trains at Bank close platforms.

E.

I didn't realise the first time I heard the story that trains had
carried on running through.

The problem with the tracks was either dangerous or it wasn't, but
locking out the complaining passengers and keeping on running is
surely on the lines of responding to a smoke alarm by taking the
batteries out.

It's reported in a mocking way "closed because trains were too loud"
as opposed to people being concerned that there was a problem with the
track.

Another time that there were strange noises on the Central Line, they
were ignored and a train derailed at Chancery Lane. Then of course
you got grave reporting about complaints being ignored.