Old March 11th 09, 07:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] andypurk@gmail.com is offline

Default Not screeching to a halt

On Mar 11, 8:37*pm, MIG wrote:
On Mar 11, 5:07*pm, eastender wrote:

Noisy trains at Bank close platforms.

E.

I didn't realise the first time I heard the story that trains had
carried on running through.

The problem with the tracks was either dangerous or it wasn't, but
locking out the complaining passengers and keeping on running is
surely on the lines of responding to a smoke alarm by taking the
batteries out.

And what if the screeching is at such a high level that it is
potentially damaging to the hearing of people on the platforms,
without the track being dangerous itself? The noise wasn't ignored, as
the track lubrication problem was fixed and the station reopened; this
is nothing like taking the batteries out of a smoke alarm.