Old March 19th 09, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colin McKenzie Colin McKenzie is offline

Default Beware parking illegally in Ealing

wrote:
On Mar 19, 2:33 pm, wrote:
On Mar 19, 1:59 pm, wrote:
Seems ealing are cracking down on people parking on yellow lines - now
you get a ticket AND get towed as I found out the hard way this
morning. 250 quid to get it back.
B2003

On a single?

Yup. Though I wasn't even parked on the road itself , I'd parked on a
raised section of tarmac next to the road which then in turn adjoins a
normal pavement. I thought it would be fine there since I wasn't
causing an obstruction to traffic or pedestrians. Obviously not. Oh
well, you live and learn...

Parking restrictions definitely apply to the adjacent pavement as well
as the carriageway. I have had reason to remind Ealing Parking Services
of this ...

Colin McKenzie

--
No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at the
population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as walking.