Old March 19th 09, 10:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Beware parking illegally in Ealing

Colin McKenzie wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 19, 2:33 pm, wrote:
On Mar 19, 1:59 pm, wrote:
Seems ealing are cracking down on people parking on yellow lines - now
you get a ticket AND get towed as I found out the hard way this
morning. 250 quid to get it back.
B2003
On a single?

Yup. Though I wasn't even parked on the road itself , I'd parked on a
raised section of tarmac next to the road which then in turn adjoins a
normal pavement. I thought it would be fine there since I wasn't
causing an obstruction to traffic or pedestrians. Obviously not. Oh
well, you live and learn...

Parking restrictions definitely apply to the adjacent pavement as well
as the carriageway.

In London no parking is allowed anywhere on the pavement whether or not
restrictions apply to the carriageway, unless signs specfically permit it.

--
Richard J.