Old April 2nd 09, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Drain "partially suspeneded"?

In article ,
() wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 00:25:54 +0100, "Recliner"
wrote:

I was on the Tube on Monday and heard that the Drain was "partially
suspended". I wasn't able to hear any more details as my train left
the station, but I wondered how you could partially suspend such a
simple route. What actually happened?

Leak at Waterloo meant people could not board trains there. They ran
empty to Bank to provide a service back to Waterloo. Considering this
was in the evening peak period it makes sense to offer a service from
the City back to Waterloo if it's possible.

Curiously the (TfL driven) screen on the King's Cross main line
concourse just said "Suspended". I was going to ask here but
forgot. Thanks for resolving the mystery anyway.

I see it was still saying "Suspended" last night. Was that a G20
precaution or is the leak problem still going on?

--
Colin Rosenstiel