Old April 14th 09, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default District curiosity today

Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote in
:

In message ,
writes

Sitting at Acton Town on a Piccadilly train today I was a bit
surprised to see a District train pull up for High St Kensington. was
this special service for the Easter engineering works? I can't say
i've seen any Ealing Broadway to High St trains before.

All trains from the west were terminating at Embankment due to
engineering works. I can't see it being able to cope with all the
trains that would normally be terminating at Tower Hill/Upminster so
some would need to go somewhere else. HSK is a logical one.

The last few times that there's been no service east of Embankment they've
wun Ealing Broadway - HSK and Richmond - Embankment. Not sure about the
Wimbledon branch.