Old April 15th 09, 08:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] andypurk@gmail.com is offline

Default District curiosity today

On Apr 15, 12:27*am, wrote:
In article ,

(Graham Harrison) wrote:
wrote in message
On Apr 14, 2:05 am, wrote:
Sitting at Acton Town on a Piccadilly train today I was a bit
surprised to see a District train pull up for High St Kensington.
was this special service for the Easter engineering works? I can't
say i've seen any Ealing Broadway to High St trains before.

There are a few early morning / late evening services that run direct.
Try searching on the TfL journey planner for Ealing Broadway - High
Street Kensington at around 06.00 or 23.45. They can also run this way
when there are problems on the route via the City.

---------

It used to be the case that there was at least one run during the
day to turn over the Olympia shuttle set.

Not at 4 pm on Easter Monday, though!

Yes, but as there was Engineering work on the City line ('problems on
the route via the City'), it is not surprising that Ealing services
were running to High Street Kensington.

As an aside, some of the Ealing - High St Ken services used to be
formed of C Stock which then took up Wimbleware services. However, I
don't know if this is still the case.