Old May 3rd 09, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default New Johnston typeface changes

On Sat, 2 May 2009, wrote:

On May 2, 12:42???pm, Lemuel wrote:
Richard J. wrote on Sat, 2 May 2009:

I am amazed that these changes have been made to an established
typeface which has so much exposure to the general public. ???Presumably
the new designs will only appear on new signs and publications, so for
the forseeable future the superseded designs will still be on show all
over the network.

I know little of these things, but it looks to me as if they may, for
reasons unknown, have switched to 'ITC Johnston':
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnston_(typeface)
http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/itc/joh...m/charmap.html

Lemming, I'm not sure that you are right, since the L.T. document
referred to above has, for example, full-stops etc. as diamond-shaped
rather than squares as shown on the ITC Johnston page you quote.

The quote marks are particularly different.

Also, ITC Johnston has a capital E, unlike the font in the TfL document!

tom

--
If you're going to print crazy, ridiculous things, you might as well
make them extra crazy. -- Mark Rein