Old May 25th 09, 02:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Most intensive frequency on LU

MIG wrote on 25 May 2009 15:08:28 ...
On 25 May, 14:18, "DW downunder" noname wrote:
wrote in message

wrote in message
Which section of LU track has the most frequent throughput of trains
at the peak? I'm excluding sections where there is more than one track
serving the same direction of traffic.
Central Line in Z1, perhaps?

Have they got past 28tph?

I'm sure it was claimed to be something like 33 tph on the Bakerloo in
the 1970s. There were two branches then, of course.

Yes, but that was in the 1970s, when London Transport ran a train
service that matched demand. Nowadays, the reaction of LU to platforms
getting crowded is to slow the service down by increasing dwell times
instead of running more trains (on some lines at least).

My copy of the February 1972 LT Undergound Guide shows the following
lines with apparently ran at least 30 tph in the peaks, from the stated
intervals in minutes:
Bakerloo (Elephant & Castle - Baker St): 1½-2 minute intervals
Central (Leytonstone - North Acton): 2
District/Circle (Gloucester Road - Mansion House): 1½-2

--
Richard J.