Old June 8th 09, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Deutsch Martin Deutsch is offline

Default TfL's strike contingency plans...

On Jun 8, 7:28*pm, Mizter T wrote:

Anyway, leaving aside the brinkmanship I see from the splash on the
front page of the TfL website that they've got a number of contingency
plans up their sleeve should the strike go ahead - see the news
release hehttp://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/11971.aspx

That's the 'In case of tube strike, break glass' bolt-on, as a friend
just described it. I also got a text from TfL this evening letting me
know about it, and directing me towards the website. I guess it's
going ahead, then...

I tried asking the 'special' journey planner earlier for a route home
from work, and it cheerfully suggested that I took the tube, with a
"planned engineering works are taking place" caveat on the first leg
of each of the journeys. Oh well, can't have everything...