Old June 8th 09, 08:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
No Name

Default TfL's strike contingency plans...

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On Jun 8, 8:45 pm, wrote:

"Mizter T" wrote:

On Jun 8, 7:44 pm, Martin Deutsch wrote:

[snip]

I tried asking the 'special' journey planner earlier for a route home
from work, and it cheerfully suggested that I took the tube, with a
"planned engineering works are taking place" caveat on the first leg
of each of the journeys. Oh well, can't have everything...

Yes, I tried that too (on a strike day)! I then I forgot to mention it
in my spiel. Considering this special journey planner interface
appears underneath the heading "Planning your alternative journey", it
is perhaps a bit misleading.

-----

So no lines will be running at all?

If the strike happens, that's a possibility. It's RMT members who are
going on strike, but other unions members (e.g. ASLEF) might
nonetheless refuse to cross the picket lines. So it rather depends on
how many people actually turn up to work. A limited service might
possibly run on some lines, who knows...

(P.S. Any chance you can fix your newsgroup program's broken
quoting...)

I am using Outlook Express not sure how to fix it or what you mean?