Old June 10th 09, 11:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Modern Railways, June

In article ,
(Stephen O'Connell) wrote:

1506 wrote:
The 1938 tube train looked perfect. Although ISTR in service these
units ran with black roofs. The preserved one is all over red.

IIRC they were a darkish Grey. (Which could be black!) The roofs
certainly weren't red in my day anyway. However, that's only a
minor nitpick. They are lovely trains to see around, especialy in a
red livery. It brings back soooo many memories..

As I remember the 1938TS in my schooldays, the roofs were brown when
freshly painted. They were black only after years of grime.

--
Colin Rosenstiel