Old June 18th 09, 12:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ben Birkner Ben Birkner is offline

Default Oyster Card - Balance Check

On 18 Jun., 13:03, Mizter T wrote:
On Jun 18, 11:47*am, Ben Birkner wrote:
[...]
Also, when you finish a journey on the Underground then both the fare
paid for that journey and your remaining balance flashes up on the
display of the gate - though how easy this is to see really depends on
whether the gate is an older or newer model, and anyway you do need to
know what to look for. Also when boarding a bus the display shows the
remaining balance - but again you need to know what to look for, and
you've got to be quick.

Thanks, Mizter T. I frankly have never noticed any displays at gates
or in buses
when using my Oyster Card. But this might be due to the hurry you're
usually in
when using TfL. I will be more carefull the next time.

Ben