Old June 23rd 09, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default RAIB Report into DLR Derailment at Last

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:38:39 -0700 (PDT)
Mr Thant wrote:

On 22 June, 13:46, MIG wrote:
Further to the discussion (which I now can't reply to from Google) athttp=

://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.transport.london/msg/6d492b8d2fcc...

there is now a RAIB report athttp://www.raib.gov.uk/cms_resources/090622_=

R162009_Deptford%20Bridge....

Haven't read it properly yet.

I was most surprised to see the train that derailed was also exceeding
a temporary speed restriction at the time. Here's the wonderful Daily

It worries me a bit that the computer didn't spot the derailment and
happily carried on. Would it not be possible for it to check for signalling
current (or similar) flowing through every axle and if this current stops
on 1 axle but not the others then its a fair bet its become derailed?

B2003