Old July 7th 09, 03:22 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Class 378s into service this week?

On Jul 6, 7:10*pm, Mizter T wrote:

[original thread on uk.railway]
[crossposted to uk.transport.london]

On Jul 6, 6:46*pm, "Pat O'Neill" wrote:

"contrex" wrote:
A little bird whispered in my ear that 378 005 & 007 are to start
revenue service this week. It did not say which route(s).

On a very few occasions I have see the 378 units on the slow lines at
Purley.

Well they ain't going to be in revenue service down that way, that's
for sure!

Posts in another forum seems to suggest they'll be used on the North
London Line and/or West London Line routes (some NLL services run
through onto the WLL and v.v.).

An insider on the aforementioned forum (no need for me to be
secretive, it's the District Dave forum!) says that diagrams have been
issued showing the trains (two of them I think) being in service from
Monday 13 July - so it might happen then, or a bit later next week.
Looks to be sometime pretty soon at least.