Old July 8th 09, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Paul is offline

Default Tottenham Hale Bus Station

On 8 July, 13:25, Paul wrote:
On 8 July, 13:05, plcd1 wrote:

On Jul 8, 11:53*am, Paul wrote:

On 7 July, 20:30, Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 04:52:52 -0700 (PDT), Paul
wrote:

Does anyone know what the "safety concerns" are which mean that routes
123, 230, N73 and W4, plus the Victoria Line replacement buses are not
able to call at the bus station in an eastbound direction? *If the bus
station is unsafe, how is it that routes 41 and 192 are still able to
call there? Is this situation likely to last for a long time? I ask as
my e-mail to London Buses on the subject has, unsurprisingly, not been
answered.

No but I have raised a query internally today that covers the points you
mention and some others besides.

I hate to say it but in my experience you do not get quick responses to
E Mails to TfL Customer Services. It may take a couple of weeks - my
last query took a very long time due to computer system problems for
which TfL apologised.

--
Paul C

Don't Arriva run the 123 at the moment? Their website makes it clear
that for any comments about London Bus services you should contact Tfl
direct. They only want to be contacted directly for enquiries about
lost property

Yes Arriva do run the 123 *now* - don't I know it! *Interestingly my
last complaint - about driver behaviour - went to TfL but the reply
came from Arriva which was something of a surprise.

My earlier response referred to a few years ago when First ran things.
The complaints process has changed since then but I was simply
remarking that I found First to be helpful and my suggested E Mail
would be *in addition* to the complaint Barry has sent to TfL.

The issue about the bus station is completely a TfL decision and the
operators would have no comment to make.

--
Paul C
via Google- Hide quoted text -

Thinking about it, the only possible "safety concern" that I can think
of is that someone from "Health And Safety" has deemed it "unsafe" for
buses on the through routes (123, 230, W4 and N73) to pass buses on
the terminating routes (41 and 192) that are on stand. Granted there
is limited clearance, but I am not aware of any serious accidents or
fatalities. Even if there had been an accident, the problem could be
solved by making sure that buses on stand only park in designated
areas. How typical of Tfl to not give a flying f**k about passengers,
and find a solution which causes them as much inconvenience as
possible. I would not like to be member of LU staff there on Saturday
(when there is no Victoria line running) having to explain why the
replacement buses toward Walthamstow are having to sail past the bus
station without stopping.- Hide quoted text -

I have now received the following reply from London Buses

Thank you for contacting me regarding Tottenham Hale Bus Station. I
am sorry you are unhappy with the current stopping arrangements.

As stated on our website, routes 123, 230, W4 and N73 will no longer
be serving the station. Concerns were recently raised that, in order
to ensure the safety of alighting passengers, bus numbers should be
reduced in the station. Now that these numbers have been reduced,
routes 41 and 192, which terminate at Tottenham Hale, continue to use
the station.
We appreciate that this is not an ideal situation. Discussions are
taking place to see if an improved solution can be found, and we will
be monitoring the situation closely. I apologise for any
inconvenience caused.
Thank you again for raising your concerns with us. If I can be of any
help in the future, please feel free to contact me.

As I said previously, how typical of Tfl to think of a solution which
causes the maximum inconvenience to passengers - how many accidents
have there actually been, and have any of these been serious?