Old July 8th 09, 06:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tony Polson[_2_] Tony Polson[_2_] is offline

Default Class 378s into service this week?

Andy wrote:
On Jul 7, 10:39*pm, Tony Polson wrote:
Mizter T wrote:

If there is a hierarchy of LO routes, then the NLL would I think be a
"more important route" than Watford to Euston.

Why do you think that? *

I ask because, like Nick, I would have thought that the Watford-Euston
DC route was more important than the North London Line.

Just look at the overcrowding (even with the enhanced peak service) on
the NLL. Highbury - Willesden Junction is overcrowded nearly all the
time, hence the extension of the WLL services from Willesden Junction
- Stratford during the peaks, giving a 10 minute interval. The WLL
similarly gets an increase in peak services from every 30 mins to
every 20 mins. The DC line service stays at every 20 mins throughout
the day and is normally only busy Euston - Willesden and then only
during the peaks or when LM is having problems. The DC service may be
more visible, but it certainly in less need of the extra standing room
that the 378s will provide, especially with most of the busy bit
shadowed by the Bakerloo.

Now I understand. Thanks, Andy.