Old July 9th 09, 09:06 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

1506 wrote:
On Jul 7, 1:09 pm, James Farrar wrote:

OK, oops. But there's still a premium, even if I overstated its
amount.

None-the-less, I think this may indicate a way forward for suburban
rail development. It seems that the market will pay more for a
superior product.

You may have missed it in one of the other threads on the HS1 and its fares,
but even with the supplement Ashford to London via HS1 is still comparably
priced to other similar length journeys on a pence/mile basis. In the final
analysis current 'Southeastern' fares may just have been generally low
compared to other parts of the London commuter area.

Paul