Old July 13th 09, 10:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default 378s to be unveiled today - BBC

"Neil Williams" wrote in message

On Jul 13, 10:23 am, "Recliner" wrote:

I love the way that BBC London thinks that the North London line is
"the northern part of the network". Tell that to the citizens of
Richmond!

And will they be popular when they'll reduce the number of seats? I'm
not convinced by the use of longitudinal seating on suburban EMUs at
all, particularly not when platforms are so short and money should be
spent on lengthening them properly.

From my occasional travels on the NLL, I get the impression that most of
the pax are only travelling a few stops, so having to stand may not be
too unacceptable. Although you're right that these are technically
suburban EMUs, in practise they seem to be used more like inner London
Tube services, so having similar seating may be OK. I think it's less
acceptable to have longitudinal seating on longer distance S stock
routes (anywhere beyond Harrow).