Old July 13th 09, 11:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default 378s to be unveiled today - BBC

On 13 July, 11:07, Neil Williams wrote:
On Jul 13, 10:23*am, "Recliner" wrote:

I love the way that BBC London thinks that the North London line is "the
northern part of the network". Tell that to the citizens of Richmond!

And will they be popular when they'll reduce the number of seats? *I'm
not convinced by the use of longitudinal seating on suburban EMUs at
all, particularly not when platforms are so short and money should be
spent on lengthening them properly.

The planned continuing of 2-car DMUs on the Goblin is nothing short of
a joke.

If it allows them to double the frequency on GOBLIN, then I'm all for
2 car units (to start with). A 2-car unit every 15 mins is preferable
to a 3 car unit every 30 mins, although the increased frequency will
probably lead to a need for longer trains as demand builds up. If DfT
and TfL ever get the money sorted out, electrification and 4 car 378
units would then appear.