Old December 22nd 03, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Lea Bridge station reopening - meeting this Wednesday

"Jason" wrote in message

Anything to report back?

The meeting was poorly organised, and several people (such as councillors)
who promised to turn up didn't. The assembled mass didn't seem to be clear
about exactly what they wanted (except they all wanted something they hadn't
currently got). The council support the idea of the station, so the group
didn't have anyone to oppose, except the treasury. Stratford City,
Chelsfield's £3billion development plan, was mentioned. Someone suggested
that one of the water channels in the Lea Valley should have A-frames put
over it and some sort of transport put on that. (I refrained from mentioning
the Wuppertaler Schwebebahn, and I also refrained from calling him bonkers -
why create expensive to build and expensive to mantain transport in a green
space?).

The most useful comment was that the DLR was the best chance of geting a
rail service at Lea Bridge, since the DLR have a habit of getting extensions
built while the national railway just talks.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped