Old December 24th 03, 11:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default Lea Bridge station reopening - meeting this Wednesday

"Alan Osborn" wrote in message

Pretty negligible service if when it was open.
If I recall at time of closure it was a peak-hour Stratford Low Level to
Tottenham Hale DMU My records show closure was 5th July 1985
One wonders if it does reopen, will the TOC presumably it will be First
Anglia or what it is going to call itself, will provide - maybe some
local trains via Tottenham Hale will run via Stratford to Liverpool
Street.

It would make sense to provide a service from the Lea Valley line to
Stratford, as the gateway to Docklands, and, from 2007. for connection to
Stratford International.
ISTR that, after Lea Bridge closed, there was a year or two when the Lea
Valley local service ran to Stratford instead of Liverpool Street,
presumably because of Liv St rebuilding/resignalling. Instead of actually
reversing at Stratford they did the round tour (in direct and out via
Channelsea or vv).
Peter