Old September 28th 09, 08:13 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default Euston Arch to be rebuilt as nightclub

On 2009-09-28 18:58:23 +0100, Tom Anderson said:

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, michael adams wrote:

Singling out public figures from the stage in a public theatre and
subjecting them to ridicule is always off limits. Yes.

No, singling out public figures and subjecting them to ridicule is
always fine. In any context. That's part of what being a public figure
means.

You really do have some very strange ideas.

tom

Being insulting to the person is childish, boorish and ill-mannered.
One may well have differences of opinion about policies, these can be
debated, but being rude is not acceptable. It was not as if Macmillan
had been found with his nose in the trough as some of our current crop
of MPs and peers are allegedly wont to do.
I remember the 'Establishment' incident as I was a 21 year old student
in London at the time - even then I found the incident left a bad taste
in the mouth.
--
Robert