Old September 30th 09, 04:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default W&C timetable oddities

Barry Salter wrote on 30 September 2009
10:57:23 ...
Stephen O'Connell wrote:
Quarter minute times? You are joking me?!!

Nope. The journey time on the W&C is so short that regulating to the
quarter minute is about the only sane way of keeping the service going,
it seems.

The joke here is the absurdly casual approach to timekeeping that LU has
on the other lines. As far as I can see, drivers get no help at all to
keep to time apart from being issued with a working timetable (at a
resolution of ½ minute) and using their watch. OK, they get regulated
at certain stations, but that's *after* things have gone adrift. In
Paris, the timings are to the nearest 5 seconds, with a headwall display
at each station or a beep in the cab DLR-fashion to say it's time to go.

--
Richard J.