Old October 2nd 09, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default City Thameslink overhead wires

E27002 wrote:
On Oct 2, 12:41 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

I imagine the plan to detrain at City T/L in both directions is
because it has significantly more room (than Farringdon) to deal
with the pax from a 12 car train?

After TL 20nn, one would hope that Farringdon will have considerably
more passenger handling capability. Is there not going to be another
entrance/exit?

Yes, but the platform width of either platform within the existing station
can't really be improved much if at all, and that'll still be where 8 of 12
coaches would have to tip out. I think City is definitely better given the
choice...

Paul S