Old October 8th 09, 04:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default First train tested on East London Line

On 8 Oct, 17:46, D7666 wrote:
Going back to the comment about freight, surely a leading question is
''what freight?''.

Time and time again in this forum I see cooments about retaining or
enhancing capcity for freight ... but ... apart from a few routes like
out of Southampton or Felixstowe, there is nothing in the way of
sustained *growing* freight.

While I can't see much call for freight on the ELL, isn't most such
enhancement intended to get what freight there already is out of the
way so that passenger services can be enhanced?