Old October 11th 09, 12:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

In message , at 11:24:34 on Sun, 11
Oct 2009, " remarked:

Luton Airport is the worst of any of them.

In some ways it's pretty bad - but "worst" is a bit of a stretch.

No proper connection from the station to the airport terminals
themselves,

There's a bus every ten minutes, which is better than some other
airports (eg Bristol and East Midlands).

which are full of surley staff from budget airlines.

The airport staff are generally surlier than the airline staff.

Meridian to Nottingham with a very strong tiolet smell throughout.
And FC pax can apparently pick up their freebies from the buffet, now
that the chap "there must be an easier way to make a living" has
finally won his half hour battle to open the till.

Never fly budget airlines. Pay the premium and just go on a normal
airline. In many cases it doesn't work out to be much more.

I fly where there is route availability - and the budget airlines have
much more of that, to places I want to visit. Just got back from Lisbon,
for example, and Easyjet from Luton is much more convenient than TAP or
BA from Heathrow or Gatwick.

Typical pricing for 1-2hr flights from low-costs is half that of the
'normal' airlines.