Old October 11th 09, 04:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Cops caught in free first class rail rap.

On 11 Oct, 16:45, CJB wrote:
On Oct 10, 5:49*pm, "DB." wrote:

* * Six Scotland Yard officers have been caught using their warrant
cards to get free first class rail travel.
* * They now face a misconduct hearing for abusing the Met's scheme -
which allows standard class trips.

More at:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...s-caught-in-fr...
orhttp://tinyurl.com/ylrpvx7

--
DB.

Daily Mirror

Cops caught in free first class rail rap

10/10/2009

http://tinyurl.com/ylrpvx7

MISCONDUCT

Six Scotland Yard officers have been caught using their warrant cards
to get free first class rail travel.

They now face a misconduct hearing for abusing the Met's scheme -
which allows standard class trips.

Under the arrangement, officers can get to work free on all trains
from within 70 miles of London if they police the carriages.

But two detectives in the counter-terrorism unit and a sergeant and
three constables from Westminster were identified as rule breakers in
an operation by an anti-corruption squad on September 11.

The Met has already been asked to justify the £24million annual cost
of the free travel scheme.

Commander Moir Stewart said: "It is unacceptable for a minority to
misuse this concession."

It seems extremely minor to me. I would have thought that if a
policeman is in first, and is not asked to move by a ticket inspector,
then it is not the PC's fault.