Old October 11th 09, 05:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Cops caught in free first class rail rap.

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 09:32:19 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

It seems extremely minor to me. I would have thought that if a
policeman is in first, and is not asked to move by a ticket inspector,
then it is not the PC's fault.

On the contrary, if the PC is not entitled to travel first class, but
does, then he/she is by definition committing an offence. It does not
need to be drawn to the PC's attention to be defined as an offence.

Then again, this is hardly the first time that the police have been
shown to consider themselves above the law.