Old October 12th 09, 02:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Cops caught in free first class rail rap.

In message
, at
07:39:42 on Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Fat richard
remarked:
On 12 Oct, 14:23, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
05:36:46 on Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Chris
remarked:

THe TOCs 'agreed' if they were in uniform and willing
to act if necessary.

That's wrong, so maybe the rest of what you say is also wrong (a
Detective Chief Superintendent of my acquaintance explained the system
to me, as we bumped into one another on the tube one day).

From my experience, the "in uniform" part is not adhered to at all and
never has been.

Indeed.

ejected people at Arlesey, which I believe to be a bigger punishment
than a penalty fare.

A cruel and unusual punishment, for sure!