Old October 12th 09, 08:11 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard Hunt Richard Hunt is offline

Default Cops caught in free first class rail rap.

On 12/10/2009 at 20:34:11 Willms (%mail)wrote: in

uk.railway

Am Mon, 12 Oct 2009 17:03:59 UTC, schrieb "Recliner"
auf uk.railway :

In fact, surely off-duty cops don't wear uniform?

On the way between home and their station they might be in
uniform, right?

No, they change in the police station.

Aha, that is different over here. It is in the byelaws of most
regional transit authorities (Verkehrsverbünde) that cops in uniform
travel for free. I see that quite often, becaus Frankfurt's cop
headquarter is on the U-Bahn line which I use to go to the city
center.

Many years ago, back to the 1950s and earlier, on-duty police in
uniform had a "duty armlet", a black and white band, worn on the left
sleeve near the jacket cuff.

--
Richard Hunt

Now available! The Amazing Dr. Strousberg, The European Railway King
For more information and orders go to http://www.calcaria.co.uk/ or
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperbac...strousberg/743
1788