Old October 14th 09, 11:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Michael[_4_] Michael[_4_] is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

"Ian F." wrote in message
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
news
Did you have a bad experience, or are you just reacting to the chattering
campaign about them?

I've had a couple of bad experiences - herded around like cattle, talked
at by snotty-nosed ground staff like I was a piece of ****, shown no
respect whatsoever...

I'm a reasonably frequent flyer and I'm too old and dyed-in-the-wool to
worry about saving a few pennies to be treated like that. I'd far rather
spend the extra and be shown some degree of care. And this is not just
me - I know dozens of friends and colleagues that feel the same way.

I have always found easyJet to be far superior in every way to Ryanair,
although, understandably, not on a level with the major airlines. I would
travel with them like a shot, but I will never, ever, ever travel Ryanair.

That said, I know millions of people are happy being treated like **** in
order to save a couple of quid - that is their prerogative and I'm glad
that Ryanair is there to provide them with what they require.

Ian

I've flown Ryanair numerous times and they've never treated me like ****.
Their staff are pleasant and courteous.

By the way, my worst flying experience is being stuck in Hong Kong for 36
hours a couple of years ago due to technical problems with a Qantas flight.
Yes, they provided a hotel room and meal vouchers, but their communication
(or rather the lack of it) was pathetic.