Old October 15th 09, 07:57 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

"rail" wrote in message

In message
" wrote:

[snip]
There was a service a few years ago, that was running trains out of
Waterloo to Southampton for about £1. The problem, however, was that
passengers who paid that fare were confined to one car on the train.
I'm under the impression that it was not the most pleasant journey.

Still exists though I've never actually seen a £1 fare available.
It's not a seperate train but Megatrain have bought batches of
tickets on SWT services. So the journey is the same as travelling on
an ordinary SWT ticket, these days they don't even have a dedicated
(part of) coach.

Megatrain isn't a separate company -- like SWT, it's owned by
Stagecoach.