Old October 16th 09, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
trainmanUK trainmanUK is offline

Default "Sling him under a train"

On the film you dont actually see him swear so we dont really know
what happened before. It seems that the train he got his hand stuck
in ws terminating and the staff were emptying it. I dont quite
understand in that scenario he got his hand stuck in it.

I mean if he was getting off presumeably he would have been stuck in
the train and trying to get out. But this would not raise such a
problem for the staff as they would obviously have to reopen the door
to let him off. Might I suggest more likely he put his hand foward to
try and stop the doors from closing. Maybe he did not know what was
happening with the train and decided to take matters into his own
hands and provoke a reaction from the staff. If that is what he did
then that might well cause the staff to lose it especially as they
were trying to clear a train in the middle if the rush hour.

This does not condone the swearing and what happened later but might
be a reason for it. And despite his words the man does seem to have
remained on the train and continued his journey (unless I have missed
something).

The CCTV of the station should fill in some of the missing details. I
also find the attempt to link the fare rises with this incident
slightly strange. If there were no increases does this mean that this
would be OK?