Old October 25th 09, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Chris Tolley[_2_] Chris  Tolley[_2_] is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

Chris Read wrote:

After a spell on the NLL sampling a 378 yesterday, I headed towards
home via Willesden Junction and the West London Line.

Willesden - Clapham was a 313, being the 'new trains' we are
expecting shortly in Brighton. 3-NOL? Having started pretty well
loaded, we were overwhelmed by the Westfield crowd at Shepherds Bush.
[...] Real crush loading on leaving Olympia. The real surprise, for
me, was Imperial Wharf. I expected very little patronage, the
parallel being some of the stations on the DLR extensions in the
early days. In fact, in my carriage alone, I reckon about 30
alighted. As we pulled into Clapham, a sizeable throng were waiting
to board, albeit swelled by the Chelsea football crowd. Not the quiet
backwater I remember from a decade or more ago.

Yes, it's phenomenal, isn't it. Your experience matches mine, posted
here a couple of weeks back.

Someone should be congratulated for recognising there was going to be a
good demand for this service, and then chastised for so severely
underestimating it.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9683850.html
(159 004 at Reading, 7 Jun 1995)