Old October 25th 09, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

Basil Jet wrote on 25 October
2009 14:52:03 ...
Paul Corfield wrote:
You could argue that the planning requirements are therefore working.
There were substantial investment obligations placed on Westfield and
these are helping to bring people to the area without using their
cars. I don't know how bad the road traffic is in the area but I have
not read any "nightmare" headlines other than not very long after
Westfield opened when I think the West Cross route got jammed up.
This often happens as people go for the first "look see" visit.

The road network of the area is a solid jam when Westfield closes. IMO the
jam should be kept inside the car parks so it doesn't bother anyone else.
Since the capacity of the road network is known, allowing cars out of
Westfield too quickly seems pointless and avoidable.

One of the problems for local residents is Westfield visitors parking
(legally or otherwise) in their streets, denying space to residents and
their visitors. This must also contribute to the jams at closing time.
If you limit the exit flow from the car parks, that will only
encourage more drivers to park in the surrounding roads.

--
Richard J.