Old October 28th 09, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

On 28 Oct, 11:42, "Richard J." wrote:
On the current track alignment, an extension to 8 cars would have a very
narrow platform at the eastern end. *You'd have to move the tracks
further apart

I'm not sure I follow. The tracks don't converge until a considerable
distance east, and in fact they go under Harrow Road bridge through
completely separate spans. I think you'd even be able to take the
siding through one of those spans, which would get you 8 car platforms
and an 8 car centre siding.

It all depends where they put the pointwork.