Old October 29th 09, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default West London Line - what recession?

"Tim Fenton" wrote in message

"Recliner" wrote in message

London tends to be less attractive than Edinburgh, Los Angeles, or
Omaha. But, you needn't be concerned; you have plenty of folks
waiting in trucks at Calais. I am sure they will be able to install
and maintain software at your companies, financial institutions,
etc.

That sort of work for British companies is now normally done in
Mumbai or Bangalore. They're a lot cheaper than Edinburgh, Los
Angeles, or Omaha.

Last year, I was doing an assignment with a large services company
which is, as they say, headquartered in the USA.

They had identified a number of low (or lower) cost locations, some
of which were *inside* the US. From memory, the Carolinas was one -
not all of the country is prosperous.

I suspect Omaha isn't exactly bank breakingly expensive either.

Probably not, even though Warren Buffet, one of the world's richest men
lives there.