Old November 3rd 09, 09:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Batman55 Batman55 is offline

Default Oxford Circus crossing

"Offramp" wrote in message
On 3 Nov, 20:47, "Ian F." wrote:
As a Balham resident, I'm still reeling that allegedly £1m was spent on
this
crossing when we have had one outside Balham station for over four years!
It
is said to have cost £100k to create.

The media has totally ignored the fact, despite e-mails and calls, with
the
exception of a tiny piece in Metro and a short letter in tonight's
Standard.
Seems they are scared of upsetting the Mayor.

There is no need to have a cow. The Balham crossing is probably as
scary and useless as the Oxford Circus one. They are both just
cosmetic. The diagonal crossings are dangerous and totally unnecessary.

Well I went to try it out this evening and found the whole thing shut down,
fences all round the crossing, and Oxo Station shut; all for someone to turn
on a few lightbulbs.
Bah, humbug.

MaxB