Old January 2nd 04, 06:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Congestion charging expansion plans: zone expansion.

In message , Gordon Joly
writes

If the zone becomes the area inside the North and South Circular
roads, then I (for one) will be inside. Will I be eligible to pay 10%
of the charge to drive inside the new zone? I am outside the current
zone and pay the full charge, to drive to say Oxford Sreet.

So there will be less of disincentive for me to use my car. Is that
the intention?

What makes you think the entire area would be a single charge zone?

Having set up the central zone infrastructure, there is every incentive
for that to remain and for new ones to surround it, in a manner similar
to tube zones.

Even if you got your resident discount, you might still have to pay the
full charge to enter the central zone. And you might even find yourself
having to pay a fiver to travel outside the N/S circular but within the
area surrounded by the M25. Oh, joy!

--
Paul Terry