Old November 6th 09, 04:29 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.transport.london
Espen H. Koht Espen H. Koht is offline

Default Off-Peak Return tickets Cambridge-London

In article ,
wrote:

In article ,
(Espen H. Koht) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

I was told by the Cambridge ticket office clerk yesterday that I
couldn't use an Off-Peak Return ticket to travel on the 09:20 but
that I could use an Off-Peak Day Return. The clerk insisted even
though I said as far as I knew the off-peak rule for at least the
last 40 years has been "no arrival in London before 10".

How does the 09:20 "arrive in London before 10"? Is there some kind
of boundary line used for this purpose, as I always assumed it was
"arrive at a station in London" which in this case would be KGX at
10:13 or so?

It doesn't "arrive in London before 10". It arrives after 10 and is
therefore outwith the long-standing restriction. The change Barry Salter
refers to also seems to have escaped NXEA Customer Relations in Norwich.

Miss-parsing on my part of who said what.